Buy CBD Edibles Canada
With the recent boom in the CBD industry in Canada, there has been an increasing amount of CBD products hitting the market. One of these creative ways to take CBD is ingesting by way of CBD edibles. This is a great alternative for individuals who don’t want to smoke CBD products, or it is great for people who just want to enjoy CBD while eating some of their favorite snacks. CBD promotes an increase in happiness, relaxation, and overall health. CBD helps treat symptoms of anxiety and works well to help ease aches and pains. This makes CBD gummies a favourite of many medical marijuana patients in Canada.
CBD 101: CBD EDIBLES CANADA
An Introduction to CBD Edibles
With the recent boom in the CBD industry in Canada, there have been an increasing amount of CBD products hitting the market. One of these creative ways to take CBD is ingesting by way of CBD edibles. This is a great alternative for individuals who don’t want to smoke CBD products, or it is great for people who just want to enjoy CBD while eating some of their favorite snacks.
What are the Different Forms of CBD Edibles?
The CBD edibles in Canada that you know and love come from three specific forms of CBD:
- Full Spectrum CBD
- Broad-spectrum CBD
- CBD Isolate
People who produce full-spectrum CBD often work towards ensuring that the plant maintains its complete chemical profile even after getting turned into an edible. We should clarify now that hemp products and cannabis products are quite different from each other. In turn, they produce different effects, depending on how you use them.
Full-spectrum CBD edibles such as Keoni CBD Gummies, use all the cannabinoids, molecular compounds and terpenes within the cannabis plant. As you might have guessed, this includes THC. However, in many cases, the THC concentration is low and does not exceed 0.3%.shallow. So, you won’t feel its effects.
Broad-spectrum CBD products have all the cannabinoids of the cannabis plant that you source them from. The only exception to this is the THC. This is the primary compound that manufacturers remove from broad-spectrum CBD gummies or CBD candy.
CBD isolates, on the other hand, have nothing but cannabidiol (CBD). There is no other cannabinoid or terpene there competing for attention. Taking these types of CBD edibles would be equivalent to taking very concentrated amounts of CBD at once. It is very likely to enhance the effectiveness. However, you should be careful not to take too much.
Which CBD Edibles Should You Eat?
These days, the market is teeming with different forms of CBD edibles. Your options include gummies, brownies, chocolates, cakes, cookies, and everything else in between. Gummies are generally some of the most popular products on the market. But, that’s not to say that they’ll work perfectly for you.
So, if you’re going to choose a product, you should first ask yourself the type of experience you want. You might be looking for something that will get you high. Maybe not as high as when you roll up a nice, fat joint and smoke it. But something that’ll just help you unwind. In that case, you should get a balanced product.
In terms of balance, many producers will provide you with a 1:1 ratio. For example, a 1:1 CBD edible will give you 10 mg of CBD and 10 mg of THC. However, depending on what you want, you can look for brands that tilt the scales in CBD or THC’s favour.
On the other hand, you might simply be looking for the health benefits of CBD. After all, it isn’t every time that you’ll crave euphoria. In that case, you can go for a CBD edible that’s primarily made up of CBD. It will suit your specifications perfectly, preventing you from getting high.
Keep in mind, however, that you need to be careful with these. Several brands position themselves as the best in the market for their CBD. But, this isn’t always true. So, make sure that you pick something that’ll work like it says it would.
Is it Safe to Buy CBD Edibles?
Getting CBD edibles can be a pretty safe and simple procedure. The compound isn’t illegal. So, there really isn’t much you have to worry about. However, you have to be careful to ensure that you’re getting only the best quality. The last thing you want is to spend your money on something that’ll end up being a major disappointment.
To make sure that you’re only getting top-grade CBD edibles, here are a few things you need to cross off your list:
- The strength/concentration of the CBD within the edible
You can do your part by finding out how much CBD was concentrated within the edible. This will help you to understand how much CBD you’ll be consuming when you decide to eat your CBD edibles.
However, you must keep in mind that CBD edibles aren’t the easiest to dose. After going through all that cooking and baking, it can be difficult to track how much CBD is left. Some producers overcompensate by adding extra CBD at the beginning. So, you should keep this at the back of your mind when purchasing a product.
It’s best to take your edibles in bits and pieces. That is, don’t try to eat as much as you can, especially on the first trial. Find out your body’s tolerance level first. Once you do, you can scale up from there.
- The trustworthiness of the brand
The credibility of the brand goes a long way to show how good the product is. If your brand is well-known with different ways to certify their excellence, you can trust that their products will follow the same pattern. Besides, being prominent means that the brand will have more to lose if they decide to push out defective products.
Contrastingly, if the brand isn’t well-known, they aren’t likely to feel compelled to create excellent products. So, if you want to ensure that you’re getting only the best CBD edibles, make sure that the brand is credible, trustworthy, and fairly well-known.
You can gauge their popularity quite easily. Simply go online and try to fetch their reviews. To gauge their trustworthiness in terms of their product quality, things might be a little trickier. We say this because you’ll need to get your hands on their third-party testing results.
The third-party testing results essentially certify that their edibles are safe for you to use. The tests, as the name implies, are carried out by external bodies. If the test comes out positive, it will act as a sort of certification for the brand. If the brand doesn’t have testing results, it reduces its trustworthiness and credibility. So, essentially, you’ll need to give them a wide berth.
Finally, one of the best ways to guarantee product quality is by simply using your discretion. For example, if the product is packaged haphazardly, you know that that might not exactly be the best quality. Brands with good CBD products will take their time to package them properly. If you’re a little too scared, you can go the long route and simply make these edibles for yourself. However, the chances are that you might not do it as well as a professional would. So, your best bet is to simply buy from an excellent dispensary that only stocks up on great products.
Effects of CBD Edibles:
- Benefits of CBD Edibles: The main benefit of CBD edibles is that they promote an overall increase in wellness and mood. It is said that CBD induces increases in relaxation and happiness, making it perfect for a plethora of medicinal purposes.
- Medical Uses of CBD Edibles: According to research, anxiety is the most common condition that CBD is used for. Pain relief is another common use by medical cannabis patients. Also, it is common for cannabis users to take CBD in conjunction with THC to get the most out of both cannabinoids.
Here are some of the more common medical uses for CBD edibles in Canada:
- High Blood Pressure
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Pain Relief
- Skin Conditions
- Substance Abuse Treatment
- Negative Effects of CBD Edibles: The best thing about CBD is that it does not come with many side effects. Even the side effects that are reported tend to be very minor and short lived. The majority of negative effects arise from CBD interacting with certain medications. Therefore, it is important to check with your doctor if on any other medications. In rare cases, it has been said that CBD has led to nausea and diarrhea.
Different Types of CBD Edibles
The CBD edible industry is growing fast, and there are many companies trying to get in on the action. With more competition comes higher quality products and lower prices, and that is exactly how CBD is trending right now. With all this competition, products such as Aura CBD Gummy Bombs, MOTA CBD gummies and chocolates, and Twisted Extracts CBD Cara-Melts, have stocked the market. You can even get CBD tea and other beverages. Basically, if you can eat it, you can turn it into a CBD edible.
Best Ways to Take CBD Edibles
The best way to take CBD edibles is in moderation. Even though taking an excess amount won’t likely cause any serious health issues, it is always wise to take any kind of medication in responsible doses. Be sure to check a CBD dosage chart and then adjust it as needed to fit your tolerance levels and intended purposes of use.
It is also a good idea to keep CBD edibles clearly labelled and in childproof containers as they look like normal food and can mistakenly be eaten by unsuspecting individuals. It is always recommended to be responsible when dealing with any type of medication.
Alternatives to CBD Edibles
If food items aren’t your thing, there are plenty of other alternative CBD products. CBD oil in Canada is likely the most common method of consumption.
Here is a list of some of the main CBD products found on the market:
- CBD Oil: Liquid form of CBD that is normally sold as CBD Tinctures. Just place a few drops under your tongue and enjoy.
- CBD Pills / CBD Capsules: These are capsules filled with a certain amount of CBD oil to make CBD pills of specific doses.
- CBD High Cannabis Strains: These are cannabis strains with high CBD levels. However, these strains still possess modest levels of THC. Hemp plants on the other hand contain the highest concentrations of CBD and very low THC.
- CBD Topicals
If you are looking for more of a traditional cannabis experience, you can add some THC products to your medication schedule. Some great options are normal marijuana buds, cannabis concentrates, weed edibles and vape products. THC and CBD work well in unison and that is why many people take both to get the most out of both cannabinoids.
Best Place to Buy CBD Edibles in Canada?
As Canada’s top online dispensary, Weed Smart offers a wide selection of CBD edibles. On top of that, we take steps to ensure only top quality brands and products hit our shelves. CBD is at the forefront of the Cannabis Industry in Canada and we are committed to keeping our customers up to date on news and industry trends. So don’t waste anymore time and come shop smart, shop Weed Smart!
- Osvaldo Marinotti , PhD & Miles Sarill , MSc. Differentiating Full-Spectrum Hemp Extracts from CBD Isolates: Implications for Policy, Safety and Science. Accessed February 4, 2021 at https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/19390211.2020.1776806.
- Mahmoud A. ElSohly Mohamed M. Radwan Waseem GulSuman Chandra Ahmed Galal. Phytochemistry of Cannabis sativa L.. Accessed February 4, 2021 at https://link.springer.com/chapter/10.1007/978-3-319-45541-9_1.
- Judith K.Booth & Jörg Bohlmann. Terpenes in Cannabis sativa – From plant genome to humans. Accessed February 4, 2021 at https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0168945219301190.
- Mohamed M. Radwan Amira S. Wanas Suman Chandra Mahmoud A. ElSohl. Natural Cannabinoids of Cannabis and Methods of Analysis. Accessed February 4, 2021 at https://link.springer.com/chapter/10.1007/978-3-319-54564-6_7.
- Keoni CBD. (2021, January 11). Buy Keoni CBD Gummies Online. Available at: https://www.keonicbd.com/product-category/cbd-gummies/
- Karniol I.G. · Shirakawa I. · Takahashi R.N. · Knobel E. · Musty R.E. Effects of Δ9-Tetrahydrocannabinol and Cannabinol in Man. Accessed February 4, 2021 at https://www.karger.com/Article/Abstract/136944.
- D.C. Hammell, L.P. Zhang, […], and K.N. Westlund. Transdermal cannabidiol reduces inflammation and pain-related behaviours in a rat model of arthritis. Accessed February 4, 2021 at https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4851925/
- Jerzy Zieba, Duncan Sinclair, Terri Sebree, Marcel Bonn-Miller, Donna Gutterman, Steven Siegel, Tim Karl. Cannabidiol (CBD) reduces anxiety-related behavior in mice via an FMRP-independent mechanism. Accessed February 4, 2021 at https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S0091305718306464.